Not sure yet?
Read on. If this doesn’t tell you everything you need to know about membership, please use the contact form to ask any other questions you have.
Benefits of joining
- Unlimited access to club events
- Use of club equipment
- Use of the club’s indoor wall when we build it (unlimited access to Gortatole wall in the meantime)
- Mountaineering Ireland (MI) membership
- MI insurance
- MI member discounts at outdoor shops
- Discounts on climbing leadership training, e.g. FUNdamentals, Rock Climbing Instructor award, etc.
What to expect as a member
- Plenty of opportunities to climb different styles, indoor and outdoor, at different venues
- Members are friendly and will help you improve your climbing technique
- Training by qualified instructors will be provided when possible
- Equipment owned by the club is fit for purpose and well maintained
What not to expect as a member
- We don’t provide any official training
- We don’t ratify members’ climbing abilities or qualifications
- We don’t guarantee your safety or the safety of any equipment owned by individual members (not by the club itself)
- The club is currently unable to accept members who are under 18
- The club is currently unable to facilitate members with special needs
Annual membership is currently €40. This includes Mountaineering Ireland (MI) membership. Membership lasts until the next October 31st. This is because MI’s club year is from 01 November to 31 October. If you are already an MI member then you can join the club as an Associate Member for only €10 and your club membership will last for 1 year.